Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-04-18 Origin: Site
Nowadays, blood pressure monitors are introduced in the market to facilitate the measurement of blood pressure by the elderly. So how should we buy a blood pressure monitor? Here's how to use a blood pressure monitor!
Here is the content list:
How to use
When should I measure my blood pressure during the day?
1. Electronic blood pressure monitor
1) The room should be kept quiet, and the room temperature should preferably be kept at about 20°C.
2) Before measuring with the electronic blood pressure monitor, the subject should be mentally relaxed, preferably resting for 20-30 minutes, emptying the bladder, not drinking alcohol, coffee, and strong tea, and stopping smoking.
3) The subject should be in a sitting or supine position, and the arm should be placed at the same level as the right atrium (the arm should be at the same level as the fourth rib cartilage when sitting, or at the mid-axillary level when lying down), and abducted 45 degrees. Roll the sleeve up to the armpit or take off one side of the sleeve to facilitate measurement with the electronic blood pressure monitor.
4) Before measuring blood pressure with the electronic blood pressure monitor, the gas in the cuff of the blood pressure monitor should be evacuated and then the cuff should be tied flatly on the upper arm, not too loose or too tight, so as not to affect the accuracy of the measurement value. The middle of the airbag is opposite the brachial artery in the elbow fossa (most electronic blood pressure monitors have this position marked with an arrow on the cuff), and the lower edge of the cuff is 2 to 3 cm from the elbow fossa.
5) Turn on the electronic blood pressure monitor and record the blood pressure measurement after the measurement is completed.
6) After the first measurement is complete, deflate completely and wait at least 1 minute before repeating the measurement once, taking the average of the 2 blood pressure monitors as the obtained blood pressure value. In addition, if you want to determine if you have hypertension, it is best to also take blood pressure monitor measurements at different times. It is generally accepted that at least 3 different blood pressure measurements at different times are necessary to be designated as hypertensive.
7) If it is necessary to observe blood pressure changes on a daily basis, the blood pressure in the same arm should be measured at the same time, in the same position and with the same blood pressure monitor, so that the results obtained by the blood pressure monitor are more reliable.
There are two peak periods for blood pressure during the day: 6-10 a.m. and 16-20 p.m. The blood pressure monitor should be used to measure blood pressure during these two periods to understand the highest value of blood pressure during the day. Blood pressure is measured within 2-6 hours after taking antihypertensive drugs to reflect the maximum antihypertensive effect of the drug. It is important to remind patients that it is best to choose the same time of day for blood pressure monitor measurement. For patients with first-time hypertension or unstable blood pressure, it is recommended that blood pressure be measured every morning and evening. When measuring blood pressure, it should be taken at least 2 times with an interval of 1 to 2 minutes.
Most patients have the highest blood pressure at the morning peak; however, the rhythmicity of the time of blood pressure rise varies, and a few elderly people do not have high blood pressure during the day, but instead have elevated blood pressure at night. Therefore, patients with hypertension must frequently take blood pressure monitor blood pressure measurements by themselves to understand the changes, and if necessary, do a dynamic blood pressure monitoring in order to fully understand the pattern of their blood pressure changes; at the same time, when discomfort such as headache and dizziness occurs, they should promptly take blood pressure measurements with a blood pressure monitor. In addition, when starting medication or changing antihypertensive drugs, especially regular home blood pressure monitoring is necessary.
Cofoe Medical Technology Co., Ltd reminds you that if you suffer from hypertension and other health conditions, you should pay attention to your daily life, reduce weight, sodium, and fat intake, cooperate with medication, and take blood pressure measurements with a blood pressure monitor at any time.